Monday, July 26, 2010

Pregnancy Ettiqute




I have recently reached the point in my pregnancy where it is visibly evident that my mid section is growing larger. I have always heard that it is rude to say something to people unless you know for sure that they are pregnant. So when the lady at the Publix deli asked me if this was my first child, I was shocked that a stranger acknowledged my belly. It also suprised me at how proud I felt that someone asked me about my baby. It really made me feel good that I am officially recognized as a pregnant women.

The second thing I've always heard is that pregnant women don't like for their bellies to be touched. It seems odd to me that it is so tempting for people to want to touch fat pregnant bellies. The first time it happened to me was two weeks ago. My baby bump is still small and as my sister puts it, easily mistaken for me eating a big lunch. It hasn't got that hard feeling to it just yet, so when it was touched by someone else it was a weird feeling. I hadn't seen my parents in a couple of weeks and we stopped by on our way back from the beach. When my dad saw me, he gave me a hug and immediately touched my belly. I didn't mind it at all. It was just kind of weird. Just another thing to get used to I guess.

So we find out the gender of our baby this week. I keep calling it "my baby" because it's in my belly. Kyle corrected me recently and said, "Sarah, it's our baby." I know he's right but it feels like mine because it's in my belly. Anyway... we have the same feeling on the gender. We both think it's going to be a girl. I have thought this from the begining. I don't know why, but I just do. Kyle does too. So we'll see. In the meantime, we have had some of our friends and family make guesses as to what they think the gender is going to be. Above is a recent picture of my belly in Amelia Island. I can't figure out how to get the picture on the bottom since this is my first blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment