Saturday, July 31, 2010

What is it?


On Friday morning Kyle and I went to our ultrasound fully expecting to be told that we were having a girl. We were totally shocked when she told us that we were having a boy and hovered above the proof on the screen. I couldn't keep my composure and cried throughout the whole thing. We were both speechless. We just KNEW we were having a girl. I had decorated the little girl's nursery in my head, just waiting for the confirmation to order everything online. I continue to be amazed at God's surprises. Kyle and I have been praying all along for a healthy baby, not really caring about the gender, but in my heart I knew that I wanted a little football player. As we were waiting on the doctor after the ultrasound, Kyle started asking me about how I wanted to decorate the nursery. Being truly overwhelmed, I answered that I couldn't talk about it because if I did I would start crying again, and my tears were becoming pretty embarrassing by this point.



We had previously decided to have our parents over for dinner to tell them the exciting news. Since we found out in the morning, I had to keep myself busy all day long because I was soooooo excited to tell and celebrate with them. I decided to make party costumes so that I not only kept myself busy but also help build excitement for the party.

Annabelle with her "Big Sis" cape.






Bocephus wearing his "Big Brother" shirt.





As you can tell we really love our animals.


Ever since I was little my mom has always created a scavenger hunt to give us our big present at Christmas. She still does this game even though her youngest is 21 and we don't have any kids around. But we all get really excited running around the house to get the next clue. So I really wanted to come up with a creative way to share our news with our parents since this is our first child, and I had a little bit of time on my hands. So in the spirit of Waller tradition, I made up a scavenger hunt for our parents. At the end they each got a present to open, which was an ornament that said "Welcome Baby Boy," which I thought was fitting because we are having a Christmas baby.


Here is a little bit of the fun we had on the scavenger hunt...












6 comments:

  1. I'm going to LOVE following this blog! I'm so excited for Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!!
    I just loved this! I'm so excited for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was SO SARAH.......love it. :) cant wait to meet him! love yall! Erin & Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarce, I LOVE IT!! The Jillian or Bob part was by far my favorite.... Oh yeah other than the fact that it's a BOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was absolutely adorable! Thanks for letting my girls be a part of it!
    Love,Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah~ I love your belly blog. I hope you can keep it up when 'Bob' arrives. Congrats to you and Kyle and The Kennedy's and the Waller's!

    ReplyDelete